Yes, it's windy, and everything that Sye said, but I just want to note that it is only Sye who is getting tired of sweet food. Not me. I like sweets, and at this point, if you were to send us, say, some cookies, I would get to eat my share AND Sye's share. Yum.
But some other mile markers of the trip include passing mile 500, which was written in the middle fo the road in small pebbles. The trail is full of stuff like that. Messages hikers in front leave for hikers following, whether they be specific or general. One group of hikers is having a ton of fun leaving penises everywhere. Trail humer is not that different then, well, dumb humor.
There's also has been an amazing amount of trail angel presense in the SoCal section, though we here this dwindles as we head north. But the photo of Sye and Tecate is a classic example of little oasises stocked not only with the all-important water, but also with soda and beer and sometimes even fruit. The folks who truck that stuff in there are unbelievable. I love them all. And have I mentioned I'm developing a taste for cheap beer? Used to turn my nose up at it. I'm loving it now, especially in the middle of a long, hot day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yo Spiff and Alex,
Just saw you guys a moment ago.
Found your blog because it was next on the browser list on the computer at the lovely "Burger Spot" (with free internet). I'll make a link to it from ours which is here: http://michellegerrypcthike.blogspot.com/
Have a good hike into the Tehachapis!
Woo hoo! Michael Laird figures out how to add comments!
:D
Anyway, I've been thinking about you two, and I'm sending you my very best wishes.
Hey Sye, when the going gets rough just remember that German Military song we listened to over and over in the car -- it was called ON WINGS OF STEEL:
On a wild wide battle
We are burning the fields
We are standing in line
And may tyrants fear
No wind, no rain, no fire
Can prevent our way
We are heading on
For the end of humankind
On wings of steel
We are flying high
To the end of the world
An eagle of terror to come
The earth in despair
The sun in decline
On wings of steel
We are fighting for
The end of the world
An eagle of terror to come
The earth in despair
The sun in decline
Post a Comment