So, I know there are sooooo many of you clambering to come see Spiff and I in Washington, and I highly suggest you pull out a nice big road map, and check out all of these places you could potentailly meet us that my Dad so wonderfully wrote down for yall. What he did not highlight, however, is how VERY close the I-90 crossing is to Seattle. Perhaps 60-90 minutes drive from the middle of the big city.
NOTE: The PCT crosses I-90 at Snoqualmie Pass, which is a 60-90 minute drive from Seattle. This is the easiest place for all you city folk to see us in all our trail glory.
Now that that is clear, I should also mention how very close Steven's Pass is to Seattle. Again, maybe an hour and a half to two hour drive from Seattle. Very close. And these passes are only 75 trail miles apart from eachother, so you could come visit us at Snoqualmie Pass and then three days later come find us at Steven's Pass. Sounds like a lot of fun, eh?
So. About this timing thing. We are DRASTICALLY behind schedule. I'm not too worried about snow yet, but it has been cold the last few nights in Oregon. Currently, I am planning on hitting Cascade Locks on September 2nd. Spiff might be there before me, but hopefully we'll be together again by then. All dates will be moved back accordingly. I'll try to update the itinerary, but I'm running short on computer time at the Sisters Library.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment