I want to be a trail angel at some point. The utter mental and physical relief that comes with having a place to crash in civilization is unbelievable. Not to sound too cheesy, but I feel so overwhelmed with thankfulness and gratefulness at all her generosity - she even has brought us leftovers from her catering company: ceaser salad and chocolate cake and fajitas with fresh salsa and guacamole. Yum! But really, I would feel this way if she'd simply offered us a soda or a backyard to sleep in. It doesn't take much.
Speaking of which, I know some of you are interested in helping out with our fire dilemma. What would be most helpful at this point is:
- If someone would bring us two bikes, preferably that would fit us and are in decent condition.
- If someone would be support crew while we walk or bicycle the 100 + miles around the fire closure. This would include bringing a car full of coolers that would in turn be full of orange soda, VitaminWater, Gaterade, Tecate, avocados, grapes and strawberries, plus numerous grocery bags full of cookies and Cheezits and chips off all kinds. Maybe a couple Snickers bars too. And if you could wing it, some ice cream. Don't worry, this wouldn't all be for us. Whenever you saw some dirty hiker on the side of the road, you would offer them their pick of said goodies. Oh, and if you had leftover pizza, we'd want that as well. Sye also says to include more Thai and Indian food, and maybe a salad. I think he want's healthy food, but he's an anomaly amongst hikers.
1 comment:
Hey there you two, Glad you hooked up with the Twin Peaks catering folks- Lis Tebutt, aka Rosie. I met her while skiing in Truckee in March! Small world!
Keep trekking!
Jupiter (Kathleen in Seattle)
Post a Comment